Voted 2011 Best King Cake in New Orleans by the Washington Post, The Sucré King Cakes were also featured as a favorite in Garden & Gun G&G.com and Saveur Magazine as well as by many dedicated customers on the "reviews" tab.
The king cake is as rich in history as it is in flavor. Since the 1800s, New Orleanians have celebrated the beginning of the Carnival Season with a “King’s Cake” on Twelfth Night. A small plastic baby is inserted in the cake, and the reveler who finds it is said to have good fortune for the year. The recipient then continues the festivities by having another party and providing a King Cake. To read more about the Washington Post article, please visit our Blog post.
Note: Our food products may contain nuts and nut oils.
Freshness and Care: We recommend warming the King Cake before serving. Remove all packaging. Place the a slice of King Cake in the microwave for 10 seconds for a delicious breakfast, snack or dessert.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our shipping policies:
Orders placed after 1:00 pm CST Monday-Wednesday will not be processed until the following business day.
Orders placed after 1:00 pm CST Thursday-Sunday will not processed until the following Monday.
All orders leave our facility by 6:00pm CST.
Please refer to Shipping & Packaging for more details and to track your package.
To estimate your tax and shipping costs, please refer to your Shopping Bag.
Delivery Times for Businesses & Residences
UPS is our preferred shipping vendor. Deliveries to BUSINESSES occur between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm and deliveries to RESIDENCES occur between 9:00 am and 8:00 pm.
Sucré can not guarantee the delivery date of a package once it has been released to UPS for processing. See Returns & Refund Policy below for more details.
We do NOT ship alcohol to the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, or Utah.
In all other states, delivery requires signature from recipient age 21 or over.
Unfortunately, we cannot ship to APO/PO addresses at this particular time. Please provide a physical street address and include any appropriate suite or apartment numbers when necessary to ensure delivery.
Returns & Refund Policy
Every handmade confection we sell is carefully inspected before being shipped. If any product is defective or damaged upon receipt, please contact us immediately after your package arrives.
Shipping charges will not be refunded.
Sucré will not be responsible for packages that are returned as undeliverable, lost packages or packages damaged by the elements after delivery. If a returned package needs to be reshipped, an additional shipping charge will apply.
We are not able to offer refunds on shipping delays due to weather, strike, mechanical failure, or circumstances beyond our control.
- Mardi Gras in Pacific NW Review by Rhonda
Price :Value :Quality :
- Enjoy!!! Review by Mimi B.
Price :Value :Quality :
- THE BEST! Review by Pringle
Price :Value :Quality :
- Best King Cake ever! Review by Buffalo Gal
Price :Value :Quality :
- fabglamluxlife Review by fabglamluxlife
Price :Value :Quality :
- The King of the Best Review by Elizabeth
Price :Value :Quality :
- Fantastic!!! The best!!! Review by Julia Z.
- Soft, fresh, and delicious, this cake brought a little bit of NOLA to NYC! Thank y'all so much for the exquisite cake and great service! (Posted on 1/15/2014)
- Dont waste your money on any other Review by Mississippi boy
- I cant tell you how good this pastry is. This isnt the typical packy cinnamon roll loaded with cheap candy crystals and a gallon of icing. This is a professional chef and it is evident when you make the first cut. It has a very light filling of cream cheese and the cake has those soft flaky layers that only professionals can turn out. This pairs perfect with cup of coffee. YOU MUST HEAT IT UP for the true flavor. I ordered two for my family, ate them up and come back for more and they were sold out....no surprise. OUTSTANDING JOB, CHEF!! (Posted on 2/12/2013)
- Amazing! Moist and perfect! Review by KellyC
- The best, hands down, of any king cake I have ever had in my entire 32 years of existence. amazing, little pricey but amazing just as well... My new go to for to get my king cake fix while I'm living up north! Thank you Sucre!! (Posted on 2/11/2013)
- Delicious! Review by PeekaBoo
- I received this king cake as a thank you from friends down in New Orleans. This king cake was moist and so flavorful - just delicious! (Posted on 2/8/2013)
- outstanding king cake round 2 Review by memphis mardi gras mambo
- i bought my first sucre' king cake last year and you can see my very enthusiastic review from 1/30/12....well round 2 for the sucre' king cake came this year and i am just am impressed as i was last year....round 2 was just as awesome as my first experience which tells me the folks at sucre' are able to consistently make a wonderful king cake from year to year....i bought extra cakes this year and put one in each of the breakrooms for the icu nurses i work with on superbowl sunday...most of the nurses were king cake virgins until yesterday....lets just say they have all been converted into sucre' fans (Posted on 2/4/2013)
- Perfection1 Review by Josette
- Im from the Gulf Coast and missing Mardi Gras this year due to work in Dallas. I ordered two King Cakes for the office and sent one home to my husband. They were both delivered the next day! My husband sent a picture of his half eaten, so I knew it couldnt be bad! The packaging was adorable and the cakes were as beautiful as the pictures. Everybody loved it and I have to say it's one of the best King Cakes I've ever tasted. Sucre' did not disappoint and I look forward to using them for Valentine's Day. (Posted on 2/1/2013)
- Beautiful and ships very well! Review by LaurenInTulsa
I tried this when I was home last year and really wanted to order one to ship to me here. I was a little nervous about how well it would handle the shipping. Well, I'm happy to say it was perfect! It looked and tasted just as good as it did when I ate it fresh from the store.
Brovo, Sucre! I can't wait for my next one! (Posted on 1/11/2013)
- My new #1 King Cake Review by abitamom
- Simply the best! Buttery, beautiful, moist, and baked to perfection. I've been waiting for a king cake as delicious as Sucre's. Thank you, thank you, thank you! (Posted on 1/9/2013)
- my go-to king cake Review by ms_nola
- This is my go-to king cake... for eating, for shipping to people not lucky enough to live in NOLA and for recommending to friends (and, occasionally, strangers.) Don't even waste your time with anyone else if you're looking for a king cake that actually tastes as good as it looks. Sucré has it figure out. However, I think this year I may end up shipping Mardi Gras macarons instead... But I will definitely get at least one cake for myself, if nothing else. Hooray for Carnival! (Posted on 1/7/2013)
- Delicious! Review by Dana
- Sucre's King Cake is absolutely wonderful! (Posted on 4/3/2012)
- It was Divine Review by hurry up, only one more day!
- One big problem we had with the King Cake this year was that we didn't order two. Fantastic! Can't wait for next year. (Posted on 3/21/2012)
- excellent Review by Martha
- Needed something delicious and beautiful for a special Mardi Gras dinner. The Sucre King Cake was perfect - just what I wanted - delicious and beautiful. The flavor was outstanding. The service was excellent. The King Cake arrived in West Virginia overnight fresh wonderful and on time for my dinner party. I will be back for more. (Posted on 3/19/2012)
- Fast delivery great cake Review by Nattyp
- On the day of Mardi Gras i realized my little brother didnt get any kingcake since he relocated to the East Coast. So I quickly checked for efficient delivery and reasonable prices online.. I found that Sucré got great reviews and took a chance. I placed the order, which was very simple, on my smartphone and within 2 days, it was delivered and beautifully presented. My brother and friends were amazed at the taste, appearance and it warned their hearts to receive the kingcake.. Thank you thank you Sucré!! (Posted on 3/19/2012)
- Sweetbread with Style Review by Profgirl36
- A King Cake is essentially a sweet bread with a light and sweet cream cheese filling that's not prominent or overpowering. It's glazed with a sparkly icing that's festive for Mardi Gras. The price is good; having checked other NOLA bakeries--the costs were sometimes more than double--and didn't include shipping. (Posted on 3/18/2012)
- great! Review by Northern Gras
- Arrived on Mardi Gras Day, My GF and I were blown awy by the beauty, and the freshness was amazing, the flavor delicious... Will recommend and order again! (Posted on 3/18/2012)
- Great Treat Review by Keith K
- My cousin was extremely pleased with her gift I shipped to Atlanta (Posted on 3/18/2012)
- ENjoyed by all!! Review by Jazzyjoo
- Very delicious and shared with my co-workers who also experienced and enjoyed a King Cake for the 1st time...Thanks Sucre... (Posted on 3/18/2012)
- vey good king cake Review by adm
This year was my first Sucre king cake.
I found that I enjoyed it as it was not overly sweet with a thin layer of beautiful icing.
The dough texture was the best, buttery and not dry.
My only complaint is the lack of cinnamon and cream cheese. Some parts of the cake had these in small amounts, other parts did not have any at all, making slices uneven in flavor. This area needs improvement. Otherwise it arrive on schedule as ordered. (Posted on 3/18/2012)
- DELICIOUS! Review by zraces
- What a great tasting King Cake. (Posted on 3/18/2012)
- Delicious Review by Kristy
- As a native texan, i ordered my first king cake this year. It was fresh and delicious! Came well packaged and appreciated the warming instructions. My only complaint is that I thought it would have more cream cheese filling, some bites you didn't even notice the filling, but it was still delicious. (Posted on 3/18/2012)
- WONDERFUL Review by Kara
- I ordered this since I live in Florida. It was just as delicious and fresh as the time I bought it in New Orleans! I can't wait to move to NOLA so I can enjoy this all throughout carnival season :) (Posted on 3/18/2012)
- Wonderful King Cake Review by Chris
- Simply one of the best king cakes I've had. It had a wonderful light and airy broiche like cake and the glaze and decorations were beautiful and not overly sweet (just right). And they're right, heated up is definitely the way to go! (Posted on 3/9/2012)
- A Big Hit Review by Jacqui
First time I ordered a king cake and after looking at many sites, did I choose the right place. It came the day before my Mardis Gras party, just as I had ordered it, was the perfect size for the number of guests I had, looked beautiful and tasted delicious. My guests were very impressed. Sucre has the perfect recipe for this delectable treat. I also ordered a box of French macaroons which were so beautifully packed and, again, a delicious concoction.
I would definitely order either one of these items again, even if I wasn't having a Mardis Gras party. Thank you, Sucre, for your wonderful treats!! (Posted on 2/28/2012)
- Best ever! Review by Nikki
- As a former New Orleanian, I was dying for King Cake. A friend sent me a cream cheese filled cake from Sucre. I was blown away by the flavor. I do wish it had more filling but the flakey, butter taste was likeMardi Gras in my mouth. By far the best I have ever had and I have tried many. I am now a Sucre sucker. I just can't wait until next year. (Posted on 2/25/2012)
- Exceeded my expectations! Review by Leslie
- Since I wasn't able to be in NOLA this year for Mardi Gras, I wanted to have a little piece of it with me. The ordering process was super easy, I loved that you could pick out what day you wanted it to arrive. I wasn't sure how well a king cake would travel, but it arrived safely and on time. The taste... exceptional! I shared this with every member of my family, and everyone loved it! I will definitely be ordering more than one next year. Thank you so much! (Posted on 2/23/2012)
- Delicious but not very festive this year Review by Gail
I bought 2 king cakes this year, one to keep and one to give to my wonderful, NOLA-loving neighbors. The cakes arrived on time (hurrah!) but had very little color/sparkle. My neighbor, while raving about the taste, said when she first saw the cake, she didn't know if she wanted to taste it. Also I was a little disappointed not to find beads in the box! You guys are great - and I feel badly to complain - but I hope you can correct these things for next year.
(Posted on 2/22/2012)
- Smiling Faces in the Palmetto State! Review by Christen
- Shipped three to family around SC!!!! Everyone fell in love. We will all order again next year! Thank you for putting a smile on our faces. (Posted on 2/22/2012)
- Delicious! Review by Denise
- As a native from New Orleans I've had many king cakes. Some very dry. Out of all of the king cakes I've ordered from New Orleans my co-workers and I enjoyed this one the most. It was moist and not too sweet. Loved it! (Posted on 2/22/2012)
- Can't get enough! Review by Jennifer
- This was BY FAR the best king cake I have EVER had! I used to work at a company that received DOZENS of king cakes from clients during Mardi Gras, and they were from several different NOLA bakeries. While I do like the different filling flavors offered by some other bakeries, the king cake itself can't be compared...it is MUCH better from Sucre! The only complaint is that I REALLY wish the cake were a little bit bigger, and maybe wish it had a tiny bit more cream cheese filling. If I had walked in the bakery and paid $20 for the cake, I'd be 100% satisfied w/ the size, but I had to pay $30 total with shipping, so for that much I do wish the cake was bigger. It was absolutely DELICIOUS!!! (Posted on 2/22/2012)
- Great deal! Review by JED
- Shipped cakes to my sons who couldn't come home for Mardi Gras. The process was very easy and they loved them!! (Posted on 2/21/2012)
- Off The Hook Review by Laura
- This was the most amazing King Cake ever. Loved the presentation. Going to order a couple more tonight before I have to wait a year! (Posted on 2/21/2012)
- Absolutely delicious! Review by Judith Holland--aLindell
We received our king cakes on Friday. I knew I wouldn't use them until this week.q So I put them in the freezer.
Everyone at our party today absolutely loved the cake. It was moist and delicious! (Posted on 2/21/2012)
- Best King Cake I have ever ordered!!! Review by cindy, Virginia
- I called the bakery in New Orleans I order from and they were not shipping as of 2/16/12. I found Sucre on line and will never go back to the other bakery. The cake was the best ever. Looking forward to next years cake!! (Posted on 2/21/2012)
- Fantastic Review by Aimee
- Loved every bite. Thank you (Posted on 2/20/2012)
- Be careful when you order for delivery - Sucré completely unhelpful Review by Tom Lewis
I've had a slice of the cake in New Orleans and it was good. I ordered one for a birthday party with a "need by" delivery date noted. Sucré accepted my order, took my money, and I assumed I would receive the cake by my need-by date as it was placed days in advance of their cut-off for that delivery date. As you might suspect from my ratings, the cake did not arrive by my need-by date as FedEx does not do home deliveries on Monday, something that Sucré should tell their customers. They should have called me to tell me that I would need another delivery method or if I could have it delivered elsewhere. They had a week to do this but didn't. When I called Sucré they didn't offer even an apology. Great cake, terrible service, and a waste of money and time.
Dear Tom, I am sorry that we were unable to post the review you made on our site until late last night. We are a small company and it took every single hand to bake, package and ship all of the goodies yesterday. I found your order and I am very sorry that the King Cake was not delivered timely! I see that you emailed us at 10:49 this morning and I am sorry that I am responding to you so late in the day. We have had our hands full getting packages out today. In any event, I just left you a voice mail with my cell # and would like to make it right. My email is email@example.com.
Thank you for making us aware of the issue and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
All the best,
Tom, as of 02/21/2012 at 4:37pm CST I have heard back from you. Please allow us to correct the order.
Joel Dondis (Posted on 2/20/2012)
- Delicious & Beautiful! Review by Emily in Birmingham
- Even after living in the fridge for a few days, the cake was perfect for my party last night. It was enjoyed by all!! (Posted on 2/20/2012)
- Excellent King Cake Review by thepaulhoa
Sucré's king cake was excellent. The bread had a nice brioche-like quality to it. Slightly more gourmet than your run-of-the-mill king cake, but in a good way. Was delicious and I'll order from Sucré again.
I do wish that it came with a resealable bag in order to better preserve freshness. But that doesn't take away from my overall satisfaction with this king cake. (Posted on 2/20/2012)
- Good Stuff Review by Jules
- Still eating this cake, Got for my Hubby for Valentines day (we got together while living in NOLA). The necklaces added where an addtional treat since when I opened the box my 2 year old said cake and Necklaces Happy Birthday.. any way awesome will be buying another (do you do King wedding Cakes?) (Posted on 2/19/2012)
- Simply the Best! Review by tylissa2
- I order from Randazzo's or Sucre. Sucre is by far the best traditional King Cake available! If you're looking for the best traditional King Cake order from Sucre! I usually get a few to make it through the season! (Posted on 2/19/2012)
- Wonderful and fresh even after shipping in 3 day zone Review by Jessica
- I order and had a king cake shipped to the area in the 3 day shipping zone. It arrived on time and was beautiful. The glitter and shimmer is amazing. I was surprised to get some beads and a history card, which was nice. I love the texture; it was so soft even after taking a few days to ship. The only thing that would make it better is the option to buy and ship larger cakes, because everyone loves to eat it. (Posted on 2/19/2012)
- Best of all Review by IamKeithWall
- What a great cake! Absolutely the best King Cake of all time, quick shipping and the price is unbeatable.... (Posted on 2/19/2012)
- Awesome Review by Chris
- The best King Cake! I ordered it and got it in a couple of days. The whole family enjoyed this great cake. (Posted on 2/19/2012)
- A Work of Art Review by Janel Barthe
- So proud to be able to send something so classy to my brother in Lafayette and my son in California. They have Mardi Gras season birthdays and it was fun to provide this beautiful, delicious, and oh so unique King Cake for their celebrations. Don't change a single thing. (Posted on 2/19/2012)
- Beautiful and Delicious! Review by Destine
- I grew up in Louisiana and have lived out of state for the last 8 years. I always feel homesick at this time of year. When I came across Sucre's website and saw how beautiful these king cakes are and saw the rave reviews, I decided to order one immediately. And the price can't be beat. It arrived safely and on time, and is so delicious! Thanks Sucre for sending me a slice of home all the way to California! (Posted on 2/19/2012)
- The best! Review by Kerri
- Living in northern Illinois there isn't much of a demand for king cakes around here. Our local family bakery makes them for Mardi Gras and we've bought them for years. (Made one once but boy does that take a LONG time!) Over the years, the prices of their king cakes keep going up and up, but if anything the quality has gone down! I found Sucre on Facebook and wanted to try out one of their king cakes because it looked so pretty! I won one on a Facebook contest, was able to try it, and now I'm hooked! We just had a Mardi Gras party here last night and introduced the family and friends to Sucre King Cakes! They are all hooked too! So much more moist -- and that was after shipping! These cakes taste fresh baked even 5 days later! The "fresh" at our local bakery are NO WHERE near as good. I'm a Sucre fan -- they have my King Cake business from now on! (Posted on 2/19/2012)
- Heaven! Review by Genna
- Moist. Buttery. Sinful. This is HANDS DOWN the BEST king cake I have ever enjoyed. As a New Orleans native, I have tried my fair share of king cakes. I don't know why it took me so long to sample Sucre's, but never again will I purchase another king cake. Now that I have moved away with the military, I am stuck ordering king cakes online. This one arrived fresh and as beautiful as the pictures. The price for shipping is less than with other companies and the taste is far superior. Many other king cake producers drown their versions in filling and icing, which I always end up scraping off....not this one. It is perfect in every way, and not a crumb goes to waste. Order yours and you will see why my mouth waters just thinking about my next piece! (Posted on 2/19/2012)
- Best King Cake Ever! Review by Brian
- Ordered a King Cake for my wife for Valentine's Day. She said it was the best Valentine's Day gift she had ever received. Don't know what that says about all my other previous gifts, but at least I finally got something she really enjoyed. Thanks for the help. (Posted on 2/19/2012)
- MELT IN YOUR MOUTH SPECTACULAR! Review by Christine
- Sucre King Cake is AMAZING! Thank you all! This is a follow up to 2/17 Review! Had our party and cake was amazing. I definitely recommend warming it gently. Wrapped it in foil and put in oven @ 200 degrees to warm. It was melt in your mouth delicious, flaky layers, cinnamon and cream cheese just right. Can not beat the quality of this any where. Probably better than homemade. Thank you Sucre! XOXOX from Las Vegas! (Posted on 2/19/2012)
- Delicious Review by Frank
- Delivered fresh, delicious and beautiful. Not a bunch of that sugary gook that passes as frosting either. About $10 less than a lot of the other known brands. This one is the best available. You won't regret it. (Posted on 2/18/2012)
- Worth the Wait Review by Laura
We've ordered a handful of king cakes via mail over the years. This is by far the best. Even by ground, it arrived ahead of promised delivery and was as moist and delicious as it was beautiful!
Bonus- in addition to being higher quality, it was less expensive than other mail-ordered King Cakes we have tried. Please stay around for next Mardis Gras season! (Posted on 2/18/2012)
- So Good! Review by Ludin
- Got this to surprise my husband.Our family loves it,best king cake i have ever tasted! (Posted on 2/18/2012)
- Best of four Review by Susan
- This year I bought 2 Sucre King Cakes and 3 suppliers of ours (including 2 from Louisiana) sent us King Cakes. Sucre was everyone's first choice. I will refrain from identifying the others, but 1 (2nd choice) was from an upscale grocery chain, and the remaining 2 from companies who have been making King Cakes for a long time. All had some relative value but yours was the best overall. (Posted on 2/18/2012)
- Nothing short of FANTASTIC Review by MJ
- We live in Illinois and have been ordering King Cakes for several years now. We vacation in NOLA every summer, and fell in love with the city and it's many traditions. Of all the King Cakes we've tried, this is definitely the best. We really like that we don't have to get all the extra stuff--we've accumulated enough beads, books, doubloons, etc. Thanks for the great quality and service. You'll have our order next year! (Posted on 2/18/2012)
- Excellent Review by Katherine Lambertson
- We thoroughly enjoyed our little taste of New Orleans and Mardi GRAS in the Midwest! (Posted on 2/18/2012)
- Surpassed Expectations Review by EC
- It's one of the cheapest king cakes you can order on the web and it's absolutely delicious!! Was delivered promptly and the flavors were great. (Posted on 2/18/2012)
- Unbelievable! Review by J Sternad
- I was sent your king cake as a gift. Up to now I had only had those made by grocery store chains. I just realized what I've been missing! It is unbelievably sinful!! Thank you! I may have to start a new tradition in Georgia!! (Posted on 2/17/2012)
- Delicious, Delicious, Delicious!!! Review by Pianolady
- I was concerned that the cake would taste stale since it was shipped on Monday, and I got it on Thursday. I microwaved each piece as directed, and it was absolutely delicious. The blending of the glaze and the dough was PERFECT! (I'm sorry we invited company to share it with us--it's all gone now :) Don't hesitate to buy this cake. (Posted on 2/17/2012)
- THE BEST Review by Home sweet Home
- Homesick and craving king cake, I decided to have sucre deliver my first king cake in years. Needless to say, they make the BEST king cake I've ever eaten ( and I've eaten my fair share ). I will definitely order more in the future. Thank you for giving me a taste of home. (Posted on 2/16/2012)
- WOW! GORGEOUS! Review by Christine
Our cakes arrived a day early! They look beautiful! Can't wait to try at our party tomorrow night. Also excited that you included....."THE BABY". The price and quality of its appearance is above and beyond what I thought a mail order would be and I priced these all over the place. You are a superb company! I've ordered macaroons from you as gifts and loved them...people rave. Thank you for such a fantastic product, you are all 1st class at your company! CHEERS!
(Posted on 2/16/2012)
- It's a hit! Review by 504YaHeard
- I sent a king cake to my sister and her boyfriend and they LOVED it! It actually brought tears to my homesick sister's eyes. She said that the cake looked too pretty to eat, but once they took a bite, they couldn't stop! I'm jealous - I still have yet to eat a Sucre king cake. Y'all are always sold out! (Posted on 2/16/2012)
- A taste of Home Garden and Gun Mag was right Review by WyoLouisiana Girl
I grew up eating King Cakes from all the New Orleans bakeries etc. But this.. wow delicious. a bit more elegant of a king cake, not just a coffee style cake..My 4 year old son is the hugest fan and even in Wyoming he now thinks every cake comes with a baby in it. Thanks to Garden and Gun Magazine's Blog for alerting me to this all the way in Wyoming! I'm stuck here but I keep up with my south.
(Posted on 2/16/2012)
- Great Review by Angie
- This is a really great King Cake. I don't like a lot of icing or cream cheese filling (although I do LOVE cream cheese) but on Gambino's and Randazzo's King Cakes I'm always removing icing. Sucre had just enough icing and cream cheese. Also the bread texture was better as well. Not dry or soggy, perfect texture. It's not a traditional looking King Cake as I like however the risk paid off, cake came in Tuesday, It was gone Wednesday. Will order another before too late. (Posted on 2/16/2012)
- Wonderful Review by kidpa
- This was our 1st King Cake and it was wonderful! It was shipped in 2 days and came moist and tasty! (Posted on 2/16/2012)
- *~*Swoon*~* Review by New Orleanian-in-Exile
- So artistically gorgeous to behold, it's almost a shame to eat it. But I do eat it, because it's also absolutely the best King Cake I have ever had in my life. Light, luscious, moist, incredibly flavorful, and just sweet enough. I'm in love. And so very, very homesick. (Posted on 2/16/2012)
- It's a hit! Review by Dinwiddie
- Every time I send a Sucre king cake to an out of town friend I get big, huge thank yous!! (Posted on 2/16/2012)
- Deeeelightful! Review by Ann in Houston
- Purchased 2 for New Orleans natives and we really enjoyed them. Will be ordering again! (Posted on 2/16/2012)
- Amazing! Review by Wini
- The only complaint I have is that it just wasn't big enough! I was so amazed at how well it was packaged and the attention to detail in shipping and handling that Sucre provided. I have told all of my friends and family about your wonderfully, delicious, melt in your mouth, gorgeous King Cake! In fact, I had to order another one because one just didn't fill the bill! (Posted on 2/15/2012)
- These were pretty and fantastic. They put the WIF office in a Mardi Gras mood for sure. Review by Fantastic
- Fantastic. They put the WIF office in a Mardi Gras mood for sure. (Posted on 2/15/2012)
- AMAZING. Review by Jenni
- Impressed everyone in Jersey with this king cake...amazing. Thanks! (Posted on 2/15/2012)
- The King of Cakes Review by Michelle Maresh
- The package arrived exactly as promised, upon opening a fun Mardi Gras masked man smiled up and 3 fun strands of beads greeted us. We quickly opened up the box and the entire cake was consumed in minutes by the entire office causing chaos by those that did not get to partake in the celebration. It is truely the king of cakes. Yummy. We will order more soon. (Posted on 2/14/2012)
- Phenomenal! Review by Megan
- Everyone raved about this cake and said it was the best they'd ever had! Plus you can't beat the price. I will always order my King Cakes from Sucre now! (Posted on 2/14/2012)
- AWESOME!!! Review by RebDeb
- This King Cake is fabulous! I sent one to my daughter in Nashville and she has already called me 3 times in 12 hours thanking me and raving about how wonderful it is!!! Thanks so much! and your macaroons are to die for!!!! (Posted on 2/14/2012)
- Um, frickin awesome! Review by JoeyInGonzo
- Who knew, well worth it! (Posted on 2/13/2012)
- Great gift Review by Nolachicinjax
- I recently sent two king cakes as gifts. My friend in Virginia thanked me and said he enjoyed it. I guess when you've never had a king cake before, it's hard to rate?? I don't know. My friend in New Orleans who received the othe king cake I sent, raved about it! She said "it's the best king cake I've ever had!". I'll be in Nola this week and can hardly wait to have my first Sucre king cake! (Posted on 2/13/2012)
- Beautiful AND delicious! Review by Bethany in Florida
- I ordered several of these, one to keep and the others to give to friends. What a hit they were-the cakes are lovely to look at and delicious to eat. I will be having some more sent before carnival season is over! (Posted on 2/13/2012)
- My New Favorite! Review by Judy
- Although I've lived away from New Orleans for 16 years, I still have to have my annual king cake fix. I've had my favorites over the years, but I've lately been discouraged by the high prices and poor customer service. After I read about the Sucre King Cake on Garden & Gun's Facebook page, I had to try it. It was beautiful, fresh, and delicious and a fair price for the size and service. I don't know whether I can resist ordering another one this season - I already sent one to my parents. Yum! (Posted on 2/13/2012)
- Beautiful & delicious Review by Sue
- Since moving from Louisiana years ago, I've received many king cakes in the mail. All have been smashed or survived transit poorly. My Sucre cake arrived beautifully packaged and in wonderful shape. And, it was the most delicious one I've eaten in years. (Posted on 2/13/2012)
- The Ultimate King Cake Review by Ursula
- As child my siblings and I looked forward to Mardi Gras and King Cake. Thank you for the wonderful King cake. It made me feel warm and fuzzy and reminded me of my childhood. Not only was it gorgeous, it was also scrumptious! (Posted on 2/13/2012)
- Amazing! Review by Beau Breckenridge
- Sent one to my sister in Charlotte, N.C. the same day Garden & Gun boasted about Sucre's King Cake in their blog... HOME RUN as she is obsessed with that magazine. Great creation! (Posted on 2/13/2012)
- Amazing Review by Patti
- I have eaten king cakes all my life .. but Sucre is the BEST king cake I have ever had. Its a delicate, buttery pastry with just the right amount of sweetness on top. Pop a slice in the micro, pour yourself a cup of coffee and your day is perfect! (Posted on 2/12/2012)
- Delicious & Beautiful Review by KGB0504
The Sucre King Cake was a huge success at my Super Bowl party.
I love the packaging! I used it to decorate my cubicle wall at work.
Thank You for a quality product and wonderful customer service. (Posted on 2/12/2012)
- A-MAZ-ING!!! Review by Lindsey
- This was my first King Cake from Sucre and OMG I'm so glad I bought one from them. I've been wanting a King Cake for weeks now and after looking around on the internet at several companies, I decided on Sucre and I'm so glad I did. The cake was beautiful and yummy, not too sweet... perfect! I will definitely buy from again. In fact, I'm trying to hint to my honey to buy me some of those yummy looking chocolates :) (Posted on 2/12/2012)
- Fantastic King Cake!! Review by Chris
- I ordered 15 King cakes for my church's Mardi Gras fundraiser. Everyone loved the cake. The texture is perfect, the cake is moist and I love that the cake is not cloyingly sweet. The way that it is decorated sets it apart from other King cakes. Thanks again for shipping it to Brooklyn!! (Posted on 2/12/2012)
- Excellent Review by Jmartinez
- Couldn't be happier with the King Cake - taste, price, delivery - it was all fabulous!! Will definately buy more from Sucre!! (Posted on 2/12/2012)
- Excellent Review by Carl
- First time to order from Sucre. Will definitely order again. Love the taste and size which is just right for two people (Posted on 2/12/2012)
- Fresh and delish...... Review by simply67
- Ordered this because I was feeling a little homesick. Better than I expected! (Posted on 2/12/2012)
- AWESOME!!!!! Review by Anne Kiss
- This was my first King Cake & it was the Bomb-shig-adee!!! Loved it ! Thank You so Very much *~* (Posted on 2/12/2012)
- Beautiful - Inside + Out Review by King Cake Newbie
1. I love Sucre's macaroons and was eager to try their King Cake. My 1st one ever.
2. Wonderfully packaged, prettified with edible glitter, and a delectable filling.
3. I will return. (Posted on 2/12/2012)
- Nastalgia Review by Dee
- After moving from my beloved state of Louisiana in the 2000s, I miss the culture and food that it offered. Sucre' helped me capture a small piece of Louisiana with this King cake. As a father and husband to California natives, sharing my childhood traditions is very important to me. Thanks Sucre' for the delicious memories from the Bryant clan. (Posted on 2/11/2012)
- Excellent product and service Review by Tracy
- I gave a King Cake as a gift, and it was delivered on time, fresh and delicious. Thanks again. (Posted on 2/11/2012)
- WoW Review by delphine
My first real king cake--and it had to come from Sucre in New Orleans. I was excited to be able to have one delivered to me; if you can't be in NO this was the next best thing.
Beautifully packaged; I took photos of it as I knew it wouldn;t be around long. Wonderful taste and texture, beautiful presentation. I could have handled a little more of the filling, but that's just me. I would definitely buy this againl. I recommend a "taste of NOLA" package assortment: a sampler of maccaroons, chocolates, a few marshmallows, etc. along with the King Cake, which is what I did. Thank you Sucre for a wonderful King Cake. (Posted on 2/11/2012)
- Definitely the Best Review by sterm1
- I got this as a gift for my friends who recently moved from NOLA & have been homesick especially during this time of Mardi Gras. They were so happy with the taste. They said it was definitely the best they had ever tasted!!! (Posted on 2/11/2012)
- Beautiful and Delish!! Review by Scribbles
- This King Cake reminded me of the ones we ate when I was a kid only better. Warming it for a few seconds in the microwave makes it seriously addicting. Sucre did a great job with the shipping and the King Cake arrived in perfect condition in such a nice box with a band of Mardi Gras scene....sigh! I so want to be home. Thanks Sucre, I'll be ordering again! (Posted on 2/11/2012)
- Heaven Review by Sandiamom
- My daughter in NO sent this King Cake to us. We've never tasted one before. She needed to warn us not to eat it all in one sitting! Not only was it simply delectable, it is a fabulously beautiful cake. Sometimes the pretty stuff disappoints on flavor. Not this. Can't wait for the next one :P (Posted on 2/11/2012)
- The prettiest King Cake we have ever seen! Review by nikaios
- And tastes even better! 5 stars does not do this King Cake justice! (Posted on 2/10/2012)
- Perfect! Review by Deb
- I've been ordering king cakes from sucre for the past three years. Each time I've gotten a beautifully presented delicious cake. I bring it to my school, and everyone loves it. Thank you! (Posted on 2/10/2012)
- Perfect Review by kgp
- This cake is by far the best! It arrived in perfect condition and was moist, buttery and filled with flavor. We'll never order any other! (Posted on 2/10/2012)
- A.G. Review by What a King Cake should taste like
- The simplicity is what makes it great. This is a great recipe brilliantly executed, which results in a phenomenal King Cake. Well done Sucre'!! (Posted on 2/10/2012)
- You're a hit in Owatonna, Minn. ! Review by Bill
My girlfriend, who's had a few king cakes in her time, said it was the best she'd ever had. Keep up the good work, y'all!
Memphis (Posted on 2/10/2012)
- Worth shipping to Pittsburgh Review by Kim
- Had it sent to Pittsburgh for my office and they all loved it! It's aesthetic appeal is impressive. (Posted on 2/10/2012)
- Could not wait to try this! Review by Christina
- I have always been fascinated by everything New Orleans, and try to fly down for a king cake every year. Found Sucre on twitter and was so excited to try their version. Ordering and delivery were easy, and it is the most beautiful king cake I have ever seen. A little confused by the baby not in the cake, this is the first one I have ever tried where the baby was not baked right inside. It is delicious though, I love it. Will order 2 next year. (Posted on 2/10/2012)
- None better! Review by S Mellinger
- Absolutely outstanding! Trying to make it last so we've taken tiny slivers. (Posted on 2/9/2012)
- parents loved it Review by linda
- I sent this as a gift to my parents out of state. They said it was the best king cake they had ever had. (Posted on 2/9/2012)
- Yummy Review by Mona
- Velvety, buttery, wonderful presentation. (Posted on 2/8/2012)
- Excellent as a gift (to others or yourself!) Review by Heather
- There is simply no competition between a Sucre king cake and a standard king cake from the supermarket. These cakes are moist and full of flavor. Absolutely delicious and a wonderful gift to send to out of state friends & family. Or order one for yourself :) (Posted on 2/8/2012)
- killa king cake Review by plan bee
- i just said, this is to die for (Posted on 2/6/2012)
- Best King Cake Review by BillF
- The taste was amazing. All our guests commented on how great it was... "best tasting king cake they had ever had" (Posted on 2/6/2012)
- Now we're glittery inside and out! Review by Alice
- Ordered your king cake to share with my office, and they all loved it! I'm so glad I ordered a second one just for my family. It is delicious: tender, not overly sweet, and of course beautiful. Thank you, Sucre, for a terrific product delivered on time. (Posted on 2/5/2012)
- Delicious and fresh Review by AshCon
- My sister recently moved to Texas and is missing the greatness of king cakes. I shipped her and her family one this past week and they said it was delicious and tasted very fresh! Will be making more orders! (Posted on 2/5/2012)
- Divine! Review by khual
- The most elegant looking and delicious tasting King Cake ever! The brioche dough is simply decadent. paired with the cream cheese filing. If I could change anything I would only request more filling. Thank you for making an old classic something extraordinary!! How about a Sucre moonpie? (Posted on 2/5/2012)
- DEE-LI-SHUSH Review by SHRIMP BOIL
- Never dissatisfied with anything I have ordered from the BAKERY. Great eats, fast shipping, and you can't beat price for quality of the treats. I will spread the word - SUCRE KING CAKE RULES. (Posted on 2/4/2012)
- No comparison Review by Redshelly
- I ordered the Sucre King Cake for my daughter who attends Tulane, as well as for my family in Wisconsin & another friend. This was my daughter's third King Cake, but the first one from Sucre. She raved about it. Said she had found the others slightly disgusting, but that the Sucre King Cake was incredible. Her girlfriends couldn't believe how good it was & now the next King Cake purchaser has a much higher standard to live up to. (Posted on 2/4/2012)
- Mmmmardi Gras! Review by Gail
- I can't bite into a Sucre King Cake without closing my eyes...the buttery pastry and creamy texture just demand a moment of close-eyes savor. I was surprised to find beads in the box with the cake, which just delighted me. Thank you! (Posted on 2/3/2012)
- great to send to family & friends Review by starkle
- I just move to NO 1 month ago and my best friend in Arizona's birthday was today and I had some King Cake last week and its not something we get in Az so I figured what a great gift to send her for her bday! She received it yesterday and saved it for today and absolutely loved it and was excited because she had never had one or heard of one before! I look forward to sharing Sucre again soon with my family in Az for Valentine's day! (Posted on 2/3/2012)
- Best king cake yet Review by lsutiger
- As a New Orleans native who now lives in Colorado, I am so glad that I ordered this king cake!. I've eaten a lot of king cake in my lifetime, but this is absolutely the best one yet. And the price, including delivery, is very worthwhile. (Posted on 2/3/2012)
- Perfect again! Review by Carolina13
- Our King Cake arrived promptly and in perfect condition. My husband and I have been enjoying it for 2 days and it's still fresh and delicious. After years of rather mediocre mail order King Cakes from other bakeries, it is a joy to discover a fresh, delicious, appropriately priced King Cake. Simply the best! (Posted on 2/3/2012)
- Wonderful, delicious and beautiful!! Review by Arkansas
- We used this to celebrate a frends birthday instead of regular birthday cake and she loved it. Its not too sweet BUT just sweet enough. PERFECT!! It is so sparkly and beautiful. We loved it. (Posted on 2/3/2012)
- Unbelievably delicious Review by Ernest
- We usually buy our king cakes from New Orleans traditional bakeries. This year, we thought we should try something different. To our surprise, the Sucre king cake is awesome. Thank you Sucre from the Lawrence family. (Posted on 2/2/2012)
- Kudos for Sucre's King Cake! Review by Visitor to NOLA
- Only through my Tulane husband and eventually my Tulane daughter did I learn of the "king cake" and its legend. I have had my share in the intervening years and this beats all! I was visiting New Orleans and saw the cake at the Canal Street mall. Afraid of having it taken by TSA, I waited until I got home and had 3 shipped to me for gifts. They arrived in excellent condition, just as pretty, and the melt in your mouth cake impressed my Nola friends who live in Atlanta. The best cake we have had and a great value....Thank you Sucre! (Posted on 1/30/2012)
- AWESOME first experience Review by mardi gras mambo in memphis
- i stumbled onto the sucre' reviews and thought i would give their king cake a try....having spent my college years immersed in everything new orleans and having eaten my weight in king cakes during that time i have tried them all...sucre' was new to me so i had one shipped to memphis to share at work with other folks who either grew up in nola and had migrated north due to katrina or had spent quite a bit of time there over the years....EVERYONE was blown away not only by the uniqueness of the cake's presentation including the colorful icing with the shimmering glitter just visible underneath the surface but were blown away by the freshness, the moistness, the textures, the suprise dimension the cream cheese filling provided and the overall experience of it all blended together as it was eaten.....i served it hot and not one crumb was left and there was not a single negative comment by the hard core mardi gras mambo maniacs i had shared it with.....excellent product from a first class bakery who knows how to service their out of town customers with a superior product quickly and that's reasonably priced (Posted on 1/30/2012)
- Delicious! Review by Don
- I ordered the King Cake to share with my co-workers......... served warm. It was a HIT! Thanks so much. (Posted on 1/28/2012)
- Divine King Cake Review by Nonna
- Beautiful King Cake and as good as it looked ! So very special , just like Mardi GRAS !! Thanks Sucre (Posted on 1/28/2012)
- Different and very good! Review by Sissy K.
- This is not your typical King Cake, but it is a very good one. I especially liked that it wasn't loaded down with cream frosting and sugar crystals. You can actually taste the cake, and it is a delicious cake indeed. Yums up! (Posted on 1/27/2012)
- Very good! Review by Jessica C.
- I think this is a great tasting King Cake! I do wish it would have had more cream cheese in it since I could hardly taste the cream cheese. Other than that its great. My kids are loving the beads that came with it and I thought the presentation was very nice as well. (Posted on 1/27/2012)
- Great as always! Review by Jen
- I sent this to a friend in Alabama and she loved it! The cake was fresh, beautiful and delicious when she received it. I am always happy with everything Sucre does! (Posted on 1/27/2012)
- NOLA in OHIO Review by Genny
- I wanted to share a taste of New Orleans with our friends and co-workers here in Ohio. Tom Drummond was raving about your cakes last year and they were so pretty!! I am so glad he turned me onto you! The cakes were delicious and everyone has raved about them. We are ordering more tonight! (Posted on 1/24/2012)
- Wonderful Gift! Review by Soniarita
I sent this as a gift to my cousin in Tennessee. She loved it, said it was delicious and beautiful! I love everything that Sucre has so I was not surprised :)
Thanks, Sonia (Posted on 1/23/2012)
- One of the best as stated by a NOLA native!! Review by Carolyn and Mark
- We live in New Hampshire and we joke that we have the biggest Mardi Gras party, but we probably have the only party! Last year we ordered King Cake from Sucre and not only was it beautiful, but it was so delicious. Our party guests raved at how it shimmered and loved the taste. Needless to say we are having your King Cake again. This one though is just for us and will be ordering two for the party and one for our twins to take to Middle School to share with their teachers. Must have a little New Orleans in New Hampshire. Thank you for an amazing product. Sincerely, Carolyn and Mark (Posted on 1/21/2012)
- New Orleans Delivered! Review by Allison + Chris Atkinson
- What can we say about this King Cake from Sucré that hasn't already been said? The cake is so rich, so flavorful,and then your tongue hits the cream cheese and it just melts. You're not taking a chance with this one. It's the real deal. It's glittery, luminescent, iridescent, purple, green and gold and it's the next best thing to being right there in New Orleans. We also ordered a bag of the handcrafted marshmallows and they were delicious as well. (Posted on 1/20/2012)
- Delicious and beautiful Review by Alan S.
- Sucre brings an elegance and sophistication to everything they do and the King Cake is no exception! Nicely packaged and just delicious to taste! Warm it up to bring out its best qualities and serve with some good coffee! It really "WOW'ed" my Northern friends! (Posted on 1/20/2012)
- Didn't last too long!! Review by Nancy
- It's a good thing I ordered more than one! As soon as I opened the box my 15-year old dove in!! I think he ate half of one in the first setting!! I will definitely be ordering more next year and every year! (Posted on 1/20/2012)
- A wonderful gift to send to friends Review by Marsha of MO
- We sent this to friends of ours who had never heard of the legend of the King Cake and they were so impressed with all the information sent and loved reading about the history, plus they said the cake was fabulous. Would absolutely recommend this site to others. (Posted on 1/17/2012)
- Yummy! Review by tourist
- Delicious King cake, my favorite! (Posted on 1/16/2012)
- delicious! Review by Canderson
- I love the presentation... and the king cakes are delicious!!! I order every single year. Thank you so much (Posted on 1/16/2012)
- Great! Review by Carolyn
- The king cake was beautiful! and very good. I liked the small touch of cream cheese - just enough to make it moist without being gooey. (Posted on 1/16/2012)
- Best King Cake Review by Jen
- This king cake is not only beautiful, but tastes wonderful also! Definitely recommend!!! (Posted on 1/16/2012)
- super experience Review by jen
- had online ordering trouble, but customer service was timely, efficient, and able to solve problem. got item ordered and mom loved it! (Posted on 1/16/2012)
- Sucre King Cake Review by Pen
- I sent one to my daughter in Memphis and she said it was the best she's ever had. It arrived two days after I ordered it. (Posted on 1/15/2012)
- Heaven Review by Heather S
- I finally found the perfect King Cake! Every piece is a slice of heaven!!! It's great cold, but put in the oven for a few- then it's PERFECT! (Posted on 1/15/2012)
- Amazing! Review by Melanie
- This really is THE BEST! As a NOLA native, I have had many different king cakes in my life. Your chef had a vision when he created this recipe and the outcome is divine. It shipped perfectly to the Chicago area. Will stop in for a visit when I am home in a few weeks! (Posted on 1/15/2012)
- Don't know, hear it's wonderful Review by Mal
- I sent this cake to a friend in Seattle, because the people I spoke with on the phone at Sucre were the most helpful in helping me decide how to get it there before it became stale. He received the cake on time within two days of my ordering it and said it was stunning and delicious (he knows, he's a baker and he used to live/work here). Thanks Sucre. (Posted on 1/15/2012)
- Wonderful! Review by Courtney
- Was so happy Sucre could ship one to me. (Living outside of Louisiana is really hard during Mardi Gras season). It was packed extremely well and it is beautiful! Oh and extremely tasty too!!! (Posted on 1/14/2012)
- Simply Beautiful and Delicious Review by Cat
- I love this beautiful cake! It's too pretty to eat...almost. It tastes as wonderful as it looks!! (Posted on 1/13/2012)
- Delish to the last bite Review by HoustonGirl
- The best Kings Cake I have ever had and this is a part of our family tradition on Jan. 6th. Now Sucre will be too. Thanks for allowing pre-order to have it in our home on Jan. 6th to celebrate our Catholic tradition. Everyone asked where we got the cake and several plan to order their own to enjoy before they are gone for the year. (Posted on 1/13/2012)
- Great king cake. Review by Deedee
- Sent one as a gift and she loved it! (Posted on 1/12/2012)
- Greatest cake ever! Review by cheeredup
- Fast Delivery! Packaged great! Nice presentation. Really good tasting. Very unique! Melts in your mouth. Definitely will order from again. (Posted on 1/12/2012)
- Best Cake Ever! Review by cheeredup
- Fast Delivery! Packaged great! Nice presentation. Really good tasting. Very unique! Melts in your mouth. Wish it had a little more cream cheese. Better when you heat it up.Definitely will order from again. (Posted on 1/12/2012)
- A real treat to all of the senses Review by Kathy Hendrickson
- The Sucre' King Cake is indeed a throw-back to the days before gooey, filled king cakes but much more. The texture is soft the flavor slightly lemony the icing perfectly restrained. And did I mention that it is perfectly beautiful with its soft colored icing and glitter? It is simply the most delicious king cake I can remember tasting. (Posted on 1/8/2012)
- Great Review by runningmama
- This King Cake is beautiful to look at and delicious!! It's great cold, but warming it up makes it even better. (Posted on 1/8/2012)
- Perfection! Review by Emily
- Simply the best. (Posted on 1/7/2012)
- Amazing Review by AJ Ryland
- The cake was beautiful and delicious. It arrived in perfect shape and was a big hit in the office. I will absolutely order another one. (Posted on 1/6/2012)
- Simply the best. Review by Bacchusmember85
I have tried many of the local king cakes and Sucre tops them all. I particularly like their approach to the traditional PGG topping. Sucre's approach is more subtle and refined, yet very favorful. Their cake is also very moist. Most competitors' cakes are very dry unless they have filling.
I also like being able to buy them on-line at a reasonable price without all the cups, beads and posters that drive up the cost.
A Sucre King Cake is half the price and twice as good. (Posted on 1/6/2012)
- To die for Review by Karen Gauthier
- Have you had one? Hurry up. You are missing out on a true delight Get 2 because it will disappear in a flash and it cuts down on the infighting with the kids. Seriously delicious! (Posted on 1/6/2012)
- Beautiful to behold, even better to eat! Review by Caroline Potter
- This cake tasted as amazing as it looked! Shipped unbelievably well and it was all we could do not to polish it off in one sitting. A great way to wow friends and foodies with a fabulous take on a traditional cake! (Posted on 1/5/2012)
- Hail to the King of King Cakes Review by Dan Boudreaux
- As a kid, I could not wait for Mardi Gras and a slice or 2 of king cake. Needless to say, I have had my fair share. Although, it's been difficult to find the quality I remember from the old-time bakeries until I found Sucre. At first I was skeptical. As they say, "the proof is in the pudding." Well let me tell you, the Sucre king cake not only brings back the fond memories, it surpass the old-timers and is without a doubt the best most delicious king cake. Thank you Sucre. From, the Boudreaux family. (Posted on 12/10/2011)